Coconut oil is by far the best oil to nourish skin and hair. This miraculous oil has been the subject of numerous studies thanks to its complex biochemical structure. Made of saturated fats, its qualities are presumed for almost 40 years. Today, science is finally discovering all its true benefits and Stylecraze is revealing its incredible benefits.
The extra virgin coconut oil is the one to favor because it does not go through any process of hydrogenation, refinement or deodorization.
Coconut oil for the skin
- Coconut oil has been used for centuries in Asian countries. It helps cleanse and hydrate the skin better than moisturizing lotions containing water.
- It removes dead cells and strengthens the tissues under the skin.
- It is also known as healing for wounds. The people of Panama use coconut oil on infections and drink a small amount to relieve the infection and promote a quick cure. These effects were verified in a study by the Philippine Skin and Cancer Foundation in 2008.
- Coconut oil is effective against rashes, dry skin but also eczema, psoriasis, and other skin problems.
Coconut oil for hair
- To give a shiny appearance to your hair, nothing like coconut oil. It moisturizes the hair and cleans the scalp.
- To strengthen the hair roots, massage your scalp with a little oil before your usual shampoo. You will have shinier and stronger hair. These properties for the hair were demonstrated in a study of the research and development center of the University of Mumbai, in 2003.
Coconut oil for health
Strengthens the immune system
Coconut oil improves the immune system thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. According to a study by the British Society For Immunology , coconut oil is effective in fighting bacterial infections and even has anti-inflammatory properties, according to another study , published in 2010 in Pharmaceutical Biology .
Helps to lose weight
Virgin coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids that are used by the body for energy production. Only a small part is stored in the body as fat. Coconut oil can boost metabolism and burn more calories.
Reduces stretch marks
Stretch marks are formed because of pregnancy, but also because of excessive weight gain or weight loss. Coconut oil can help you get rid of stretch marks if you massage the area regularly.
Improves the digestive system
Virgin coconut oil at appropriate doses may help eliminate irritable bowel syndrome and improve digestion.
Now that you know the benefits of virgin oil, do not hesitate to include it in your diet to get all the benefits !