Caring for one’s feet is one of the priorities of the coquetry of most women and men too. With our feet, we walk, we run and we do lots of other activities. They support us but we do not spare them enough until the day the pain surfaces.
The feet are also synonymous with beauty, especially when they are adorned with summer sandals. For many women, having soft, pretty feet is hard work. Callosities, roughness and mycosis of the skin are their worst nightmare. There are, of course, commercially available ointments and creams that can cure these ailments, but these products may contain harmful chemicals to the body, especially since they can be expensive.
Fortunately, there are natural remedies for the skin discomfort that a woman can face on a daily basis, which is effective and inexpensive. Among them, there is this remedy of grandmothers based on aspirin and lemon juice.
Aspirin is a medication, usually known to treat headaches and fever as well as to activate the blood circulation. However, its virtues are more diverse, and its use for the beauty of our skin is unknown to most.
- It is an anti-inflammatory with salicylic acid that reduces pimples. His notoriety lies in his ability to help fight acne , in combination with other ingredients.
- It’s an exfoliant. It contains an ingredient called beta-hydroxy acid, which is used in many commercial creams to exfoliate and thin the skin, reducing brown spots and dead cells, eliminating calluses, and helping to reduce skin growth. new skin and more radiant.
- It’s a healing. Once again, thanks to its content of salicylic acid, aspirin ensures a good healing of the skin since it allows a good reconstitution of the epidermis, eliminating calluses and cracks on the feet. Similarly, it serves to stabilize the pH of the skin and eliminate odors.
- It is an antifungal: Its content of salicylic acid and beta-hydroxy acid helps eliminate the proliferation of microorganisms and stop fungal infections and fungi.
- It is a cellular regenerator that helps eliminate dry feet.
Lemon is known for its medicinal properties but it is also attributed other uses.
- Lemon is rich in mineral salts, vitamin C and antioxidants that give it the role of cellular regenerator. Thus, it reduces the dryness of the skin and make it look more aesthetic and healthy.
- Its content of citric and ascorbic acid allows it to fight against fungi and fungus, main causes of athlete’s foot and thus confer the role of antifungal.
- Its rich vitamin C and its acids allow to give the skin refreshing benefits, antiseptic, astringent, toning and healing and especially lightening by cleaning the pores and reducing blackheads and stains. It is a perfect beauty ally .
- 5 aspirin tablets
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 pumice stone
Preparation and use
1 st step:
Crush the 5 aspirins with a mortar until you obtain a fine powder without lumps. Mix with a little lemon juice to obtain a consistent dough. Apply this cream in a thin layer on your feet after washing them beforehand. Focus on areas affected by callosities and fungi. You can put socks to secure the mixture but it is not mandatory.
Leave on for 30 minutes then rinse with warm water.
2 nd step:
Use a pumice stone to remove calluses and dead skin on the heel and soles of the feet. Finally, apply an organic oil like sweet almond oil to moisturize and nourish your feet.
Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a week for effective and lasting results.
With this home remedy, say goodbye to roughness and hello to the softness and beauty of your feet. From now on, you can wear your sandals with pride and confidence.
- The lemon is photo-sensitizing, it should avoid exposure to the sun after use.
- On some epidermis, lemon can cause burning sensations or redness.