Here is a natural remedy with the ability to treat fatigue, sore throats, coughs, colds and many other health problems. Ideal and easy to prepare, this remedy is your ally to prevent and treat colds and flu.
This powerful combo contains powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that make it capable of treating many health problems, improving your digestion and detoxifying your body.
Lemon tea, turmeric and ginger
- 2 teaspoons of organic honey
- 2-3 pinches of black pepper (to increase the bioavailability of turmeric)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root or ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh grated turmeric or ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Heat the water for about a minute, add the ginger and turmeric.
- Simmer together for about 15 minutes, but do not boil.
- Filter the mixture and pour it into a cup.
- Then you can add lemon juice and honey when the drink will be lukewarm.
Some benefits of turmeric
Turmeric (Curcuma longa), the main spice of Indian curry, is considered by many to be the most powerful plant on the planet to fight and possibly reverse the disease. The benefits of turmeric are incredibly vast and very carefully studied. Here are a few :
- Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Indeed, according to a study , it is so powerful that it corresponds exactly to the effectiveness of certain anti-inflammatories, without the side effects. In addition, turmeric contains antioxidants that are formidable against diseases such as the flu or colds; they not only prevent but also treat them and relieve symptoms such as coughing.
- On the other hand, and according to another study , curcumin can neutralize free radicals because of its chemical structure, and stimulates the activity of antioxidant enzymes in the body. It helps fight against free radicals by blocking them directly, and stimulating antioxidant defenses of the body, thus fighting against diseases such as colds and flu.
Some benefits of ginger
Ginger is one of the healthiest (and most delicious) spices on the planet. In addition, it is full of nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits on the body and brain.
Here are some benefits of ginger that have been proven by scientific studies:
- Several scientific studies have proven the effectiveness of ginger to prevent and treat colds and flu because it strengthens the immune system. Its antibacterial and antiviral power helps the body fight the symptoms of these diseases.
- Ginger is rich in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Very effective against nausea , ginger is recommended to prevent seasickness, nausea related to chemotherapy, nausea after surgery and morning sickness.
- Some studies have shown the effectiveness of ginger in reducing the symptoms of osteoarthritis .
- In addition, ginger has been shown to lower blood glucose and improve various risk factors for heart disease in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- In a study of 85 people with high cholesterol, consuming 3 grams of ginger powder resulted in a significant reduction in the number of cholesterol markers.
- Gingerol, the bioactive substance in fresh ginger, can help reduce the risk of infections. In fact, according to one study , ginger extract can inhibit the growth of many types of bacteria such as those that cause colds and flu. It is also very effective against oral bacteria related to inflammatory gum disease, such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
This tea contains ingredients that are very powerful. Therefore, it is strictly advised to consult your doctor before drinking. You only have to eat one cup a day.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or if you have biliary and kidney disorders, heartburn, and stomach ulcers, if you are taking medication such as blood thinners, you should not take this medicine. Poor people and diabetics should also avoid consuming this tea.