When it comes to body detoxification, remember that you do not have to resort to extreme methods to cleanse your body. In the hope of transforming consciousness and promoting the benefits of a healthy diet, Gaiam, a brand of yoga / fitness, shares a 3-day detox plan that can only do good for your health.
Created by nutritionist and dietician Sara Ryba , this program is based on a balanced diet designed to gently detoxify your body. With the help of natural and unprocessed ingredients, her mission is the symbiosis of body and mind. Here is what it consists of.
3-day detox menu
First of all, know that it is perfectly normal to feel a lack the first two days, these being considered a phase of adaptation. However, by the third day, your mind, just like your body, will feel soothed and detoxified. If in doubt, do not hesitate to follow these tips:
- The hydration is paramount throughout the program. It is advisable to drink 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day.
- Daily meals contain 1500 total calories that you can change based on your weight / height. Thus, you can increase or decrease the proposed portions according to your needs.
- Invest in this program and pay attention to everything you eat, even the most insignificant foods.
- If you are one of those people who can not start the day without a hot drink, allow yourself a cup of decaffeinated green tea or hot water with lemon.
- Finally, trust in following this cure. It all starts with a healthy and motivated mind. Feel free to personalize this program if the desire is felt but know that the more your outings are large, the less you will be subjected to a detox effect .
Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal + 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts + 1 cup fresh red berries.
Snack: ½ cup Greek yogurt + ½ banana slices + 2 tablespoons high fiber cereal
Lunch: salad: 115 grams of chicken breast + baby spinach (or arugula) + 1 small red onion in slices + 8 to 10 red grapes + 2 tablespoons flaked almonds + 2 teaspoons olive oil and lemon juice for seasoning + ½ whole-wheat pita bread as an accompaniment
Snack: 1 green apple cut into slices
Dinner: White fish fillet + ½ cup of brown rice + some steamed broccoli. Season with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper and bake for 10-12 minutes at 190 degrees.
Breakfast: In a non-stick pan, cook: 3 egg whites + ½ cup sliced onions and tomatoes + 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese. Serve this dish with an orange or a half grapefruit.
Snack: 1 slice of bread spread with 1 tablespoon of organic peanut butter or almond butter.
Lunch: 140 grams of grilled (wild) salmon or poached + baby spinach or arugula + ½ cup chickpeas. Season with a teaspoon of olive oil and lemon juice.
Snack: ½ cup of white cheese + ½ cup of fresh red fruit.
Dinner: 115 g grilled chicken (skinless) + sautéed onions and mushrooms to serve with English Wheat Muffin + salad as a side dish with a tablespoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Breakfast: 1 cup Greek yogurt + 2 tablespoons linseed + 1 cup red berries + 2 tablespoons high fiber cereals.
Snack: 1 boiled egg + a handful of baby carrots.
Lunch: Fill a whole-wheat tortilla with the following ingredients: ¼ avocado slices tomato slices + 2 + spoon of mustard Dijon + 1 lettuce leaf + 2 slices of mozzarella.
Snack: 1 cup almond milk or a handful of whole almonds.
Dinner: In a baking dish, place 140g of chicken breast, seasoned with 2 teaspoons of olive oil + lemon juice + 1 tablespoon of capers or green olives. Cook for 20 minutes at 190 degrees. As an accompaniment, you can eat a salad composed of the following ingredients: corn + a diced tomato + ¼ black beans + a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
Detox treatments are not recommended for pregnant women and medical advice is preferable before starting.